THE ART STABLES - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY DONE ANY ART. DO YOU HAVE CLASSES SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS?
We do offer some shorter courses aimed at beginners. Whilst most classes are suitable for all levels, this may not provide the degree of guidance you seek. We recommend that you attend a beginners course that offers the level of detail and structure that would best serve as an introduction to drawing/painting/sculpture. The website displays a description of what each class offers and the level the course is aimed at. The majority of our classes are suitable for all levels. For someone who is a complete beginner, tutors will offer guidance and exercises to support your learning.
I HAVE DONE SOME ART PREVIOUSLY SOME YEARS AGO. WHICH IS THE MOST SUITABLE CLASS TO HELP ME REFRESH MY SKILLS?
Most of the courses we offer are suitable for all levels unless stated otherwise. Do tell the tutor at the start of the programme so that they are able to best guide you.
WHAT MATERIALS SHALL I BRING TO THE CLASS?
Recommended materials for each course are sent out with the booking confirmation.
IS THE ART STABLES ACCESSIBLE?
There is level access to all classes held in Studio 2. There are 2 low steps into Studio 1. There are some spaces in the car park on site for blue badge holders. We do suggest that if you require this or have any other access requirements, you let us know prior to the course start. Email email@example.com so that we can do our best to meet these.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY CAR?
There are several local roads such as Manor View, Windermere Avenue, Holmwood Avenue that offer parking. Please check street signs for any parking restrictions. There are also some metered spaces along East End Road. There are usually spaces in the car park for those attending evening classes but where there are other events on site at the same time, this cannot be guaranteed. There are some spaces for blue badge holders on site or on the road immediately outside of The Art Stables.
CAN I PAY BY CREDIT CARD?
The booking system is through our website www.artstables.co.uk which accepts credit cards. However, if you experience difficulties paying for a class that has spaces, please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org stating the class you would like to attend, your name and contact details and we will be in touch.
CAN I PAY BY CASH?
Yes but we are unable to confirm a booking unless the course has been prepaid. Our administrator is on site during term times on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10.00am – 1.00pm. You will need to contact the administrator at email@example.com to arrange a time to come in and make payment to ensure your space.
I AM HAVING ISSUES BOOKING A CLASS ON THE WEBSITE
You will not be able to book a place when a class is full. However, if you experience difficulties paying for a class that has spaces, please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org stating the class you would like to attend, your name and contact details and we will be in touch.
A CLASS THAT I WANT TO TAKE IS SOLD OUT. CAN YOU ADD AN EXTRA PERSON?
We cap classes at a maximum number to ensure that you get the most of the class. However, we can add you to a waiting list and we'll let you know if a place does become available.
CAN I ATTEND A TRIAL CLASS BEFORE I BOOK?
We pride ourselves on cultivating our classes to be open and welcoming with a group who feel comfortable working together so cannot offer a trial class. We often run half or one day taster or short courses between terms which can give you a sense of whether the course is right for you. Please check the website for details of these.
WHERE CAN I HAVE TEA/COFFEE?
Both studios have tea and coffee supplies for which we ask for a 50p contribution towards the cost of maintaining this. There is a café on site (The Strudel Café) open daily until 5.00pm which offers snacks, lunches and drinks.
HOW CAN I CONTACT A TUTOR?
We are unable to pass on a tutor's personal contact details not already displayed on the website to protect their privacy.
THE COURSE I HAVE JUST STARTED IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ME.
We want to make sure that you have the best possible experience with us and gain the most from your course. Whilst we do not offer refunds, we can transfer you to another course after the first teaching session. You may do so without charge, subject to availability, by arranging this with The Art Stables administrator. The transfer is available once per term only. We are unable to offer transfers after week two.
CAN I ATTEND ANOTHER CLASS IF I MISS A SESSION?
Unfortunately we don't allow students to drop in to other classes as make-up sessions for what they have missed. This is to reduce disruption to students and tutors especially where they have been building on a theme during the term. Our tutors like to tailor their sessions to each group of students and it is likely that you won't necessarily be covering the same things as your original class.
CAN I GIVE MY PAID CLASSES TO A FRIEND IF I’M AWAY?
Unfortunately not. We pride ourselves on making our classes an open and welcoming space with a group who feel comfortable working together.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE DATES FOR NEXT TERM
These appear on our website half way through the previous term when bookings or the following term open.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Please be sure to read the details of the Art Stables policy for refunds in the event of the cancellation of a course by the Art Stables or the withdrawal from a course by a student before you enrol and pay for your course. Your enrolment on a course will be taken to show that you accept the conditions of this refund policy.
2. If the Art Stables cancels a course it will offer all students the alternative of a full refund or transfer to another course. Should the student opt for a refund, they will need to contact the Art Stables with their debit or credit card details so that we can refund the amount directly to their account. There will be no charge for this service.
3. The following rules apply should a student wish to withdraw from a course:
Requests for withdrawals and refunds must be received in writing, preferably by email to the Art Stables email address below.
If you withdraw from the course more than 7 days in advance of the course starting you will receive a refund, minus 10% of the full course fee for administration costs.
If you withdraw from your course less than 7 days in advance of the course starting or once the course has started you will not be eligible for a refund of any kind, unless this is due to a course being proved to have been mis-sold by us or to service failure.
4. You can transfer from one course to another (in the same term) before the course has started or after the first teaching session. You may do so without charge, subject to availability, by arranging this with the administrator. The transfer is available once per term only. We are unable to offer transfers after week 2. You will need to pay the difference for any additional cost of the course.
5. Should you request a refund based on a complaint about the quality of service provided by the Art Stab;es, your complaint will be dealt with from the time that your complaint is received by our administrator. Your complaint must be received in writing, preferably by email to the Art Stables email address email@example.com The date of receipt of your claim will be the date from which your complaint is considered to have started. If we substantiate your claim, you will receive a proportional refund of the fees paid. If we do not substantiate your claim, you will not be entitled to a refund.
6. We regret that we are unable to offer refunds under any other circumstances i.e. absence due to medical conditions, changes to work commitments, bereavements or other reasons for not being able to attend the course as a part or a whole. In addition, it is not possible to make up missed classes and get a refund or a credit for them.
7.Please note that all places are allocated on a first come first served basis. So please apply early to avoid disappointment. Fees are payable in advance in full to secure a place and are non-refundable.
8. The Art Stables reserves the right to deny booking any student or to remove any student immediately from a course. In the instance that a student is removed from a course a refund for remaining sessions will be issued.
9. Unless otherwise stated, classes are suitable for all levels.
10. The Art Stables does not accept liability for loss or damage to materials or artwork left at The Art Stables. All work must be collected by the end of any term as we clear the space during the breaks.
11. The Art Stables cannot accept responsibility for any accident or mishap subject to anything in the general law to the contrary.
12. Course prices are correct at the time of publication.
13. The Art Stables reserves the right to cancel, combine or reschedule courses or substitute tutors as necessary.
14. Please inform the administrator and/or tutor if you have a medical condition that we need to be aware of.